Infrared Moisture Survey
Hours: 24 | Type: Distance
If you want to expand your thermal testing business to include infrared moisture surveys, this course is for you. Hidden water damage or moisture can lead to extensive structural damage or microbial growth, and offering this service to customers can help them stop such issues before they become bigger problems, or pinpoint existing problem areas. For those engaged in repair efforts, attempting mold remediation or writing mold remediation protocols, or documenting expensive water damage claims for insurance policies, a professionally performed infrared moisture survey report can be invaluable.
This infrared training course will instruct you in the proper use and operation of infrared cameras, how to carry out thermal surveys, and the methods used when investigating and positively identifying moisture using infrared imaging. You will also learn the correct procedures relating to preparing and delivering a professional infrared moisture survey report to your clients after the inspection. It is recommended, but not required, that you have the Level 1 Thermographer certification before taking this course. An infrared camera is not required to take this course.
Prerequisites: Level I Thermographer Certification OR 24 approved course hours in thermography fundamentals OR equivalent thermography fieldwork experience.
PITI is proud to offer one of the only infrared moisture survey courses available anywhere. This online course will help you expand your business and is an excellent investment in infrared training for an excellent value. This course is concisely and directly well-written in easily-grasped lessons, and the thermal training is accompanied by many photographic examples, embedded videos, and practice exercises to help you familiarize yourself with the concepts.
Among other things, the course covers in detail how to:
- Differentiate between moisture and other thermal anomalies that look similar
- Trace hidden moisture trails to their source and use thermal capacitance differences to survey flat roofs
- Avoid false temperature change that can result from differences in emissivity, reflectivity, transmissivity, and target surface geometry
- Use different methods to improve the quality of a thermal image by understanding resolution, palette, range, and image contrast
- Create infrared moisture survey reports that document conditions, make recommendations, and use post-processed radiometric images
With your steady, self-paced progress through each lesson, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of interactive flash cards and take practice quizzes. These quizzes instantaneously verify what you've learned and allow you to test your retention through instant computerized feedback. You take the course on your computer or other Internet-connected device and our secure servers records your progress so that you may easily track your progress and resume your study if you take a break.
To help you quickly turn you investment in education into a revenue stream, a quick-start DVD is also included with this course that will help guide you in starting or expanding a successful infrared business. PITI also includes infrared moisture survey report templates to help you write reports for your clients and a pre-survey agreement you may use for your convenience. As always, our toll free support is available to help you get started, even after you've completed the training. After you have learned the material, finished the training and passed the final exam, you will have gained the proficiency and skills required to expand your existing infrared business, or even start a full-time business performing inspections. After graduation you will be a Certified Infrared Moisture Surveyor and can advertise your services and credentials proudly.
This course is provided by the Professional Infrared Training Institute (PITI),
a separate division of our company. Visit the PITI website for full details.
What You Will Master:
- Adjusting and using a thermal imaging IR camera
- Preparing a site for an infrared moisture survey
- Moving an area into transition and establishing Delta-T
- Defining the scope and limitations of the survey
- Methods for conducting a thermal moisture survey
And much more!
Read the Complete Course Objectives
- Online Course Access
- Infrared Business Start-up Video
- Tracking via the Internet
- Moisture Survey Template
- Computerized Flashcards & Testing
- Toll Free Support
- Infrared Moisture Surveyor Certification
- Free $149 Membership in NAIS, the National Association of Infrared Surveyors.
Click the add to cart button below and proceed to the checkout to get signed up. You will be emailed a username/password to login and begin.